Quick Links to the Most Frequently Used Forms

All forms need to be printed, signed, dated and mailed to the address provided on the form.


SSS Form 1: Registration Form SSS Form 1: Registration Form

Use this form if you are having trouble registering online or you don’t have a social security number.

SSS Form 1: Registration FormSSS Form 2: Change of Information Form

Use this form if you are man between 18-26 years old, living in the United States who registered with Selective Service and changed your address.

The law requires men to submit a change of address within 10 days of moving, up until January 1 of the year they turn 26. 

Status Information Request

Status Information Letter Request

Use this form if you need to request a Status Information Letter, which is a letter stating the facts surrounding your lack of Selective Service registration.  It shows whether you were required to register, or if you were exempt from the registration requirement.

A complete list of acceptable documentation for exemption may be found here: 

Complete List of Acceptable Documents

Men Born Before 1960: Records Request

Men Born Before 1960: Records Request

Selective Service records for men born prior to 1960 are in the possession of the National Archives & Records Administration (NARA). If records are found, the requester will receive an invoice for payment from NARA. Please note, there is never a charge from Selective Service System for Registration or Registration records for men born January 1st, 1960 and later.